The Village Sport Shop is looking for a passionate, team oriented, people person to lead our sales staff and help manage our picturesque Trailside shop located in the heart of the Kingdom Trails network. We pride ourselves on providing customers a welcoming and informative environment to shop. Excelling in this position would entail being able to work in a high paced environment, having strong organizational skills, and having a general stoke for helping customers find the right gear for their needs. It also requires a passion for team building and supporting your fellow staff.
- Lead person engaging customers
- Assist with orchestrating and delegating staff tasks
- Monitor inventory levels and relay customer requests
- Make product recommendations to buyer
- Assist with scheduling
- Coordinate with the service department
- Regular direct communication with owner
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Bike industry
- Prior staff management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Village Sport Shop is main job focus
- Satisfaction from helping others
This is a year round full time position and is available currently. Pay is subject to prior experience. If you are an outdoor enthusiast, the Northeast Kingdom has a lot to offer. With Kingdom Trails out our door, Burke Mountain in our backyard, and endless access to lakes, ponds and endless forest, there is recreation abound.
If you are driven by being part of a team, and want to be part of something more than just a bike shop, then we are excited to meet you too!
If this position sounds good to you or someone you know and you would like to know more, please email me at [email protected].
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Trailside Bike Technician
The Village Sport Shop is looking for a highly skilled, team oriented, people person to join us at our picturesque Trailside location on Darling Hill as full time seasonal bike technician. The job requires you to be able to work in a high volume, high paced environment where you need to be able to asses, diagnose and repair bikes while customers wait, have a strong familiarity with current, past and new technology. You must love working on bikes and the idea of going the extra mile to get someone the best service you can deliver. We also have a high volume rental operation of mid and high end bikes that must be continually maintained, as well as retail sales. We strongly believe in working as a team to deliver the best possible customer service, and that we are there to make each customers day better. If you would like to work in one of the most beautiful places in Vermont, on one of the top trail networks in the country, with some of the best technicians in the industry we want you to join us. The job time frame is from mid-March to late October, however if there can be full year round potential.
- Mechanically inclined
- Prior technician experience (3 years desired)
- Thrive in a high paced environment
- Team oriented
- Comfortable with talking to customers
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in suspension set up and diagnosis
- Comfortable with all brake bleeds
- Quickly replace spokes on tubeless setup
- Quickly and accurately diagnose repair needs
- Facilitate complete overhauls
- Meticulous bike builds
- Strong pride in your work
- KT season pass
- Burke Bike Park season pass
- Industry discounts
- EP purchases
- Working in the pristine Northeast Kingdom on Kingdom Trails
- Working with the best crew in the industry
If this sounds like you please submit your resume to [email protected] and we will begin the conversation.
Village Sport Shop is looking for a team oriented people person who wants to join us at our main town location in Lyndonville. We are looking for someone with prior bike technician experience who enjoys being part of a team while interacting with customers and fellow staff as well as appreciate and enjoy producing quality work. The job is a full time 40hr/week position with potential to be year round with ski mechanic experience. Come join our team of passionate, knowledgeable, tight knit crew to work and live in the pristine Northeast Kingdom. With a focus on work life balance and Kingdom Trails as our summer epicenter as well as Burke Mountain in our backyard, outdoor entertainment is abound year round.
Pay is based on experience and includes added industry benefits.
- Have prior bike shop technician experience
- In depth knowledge of todays and yesterday’s bike technology
- Strong understanding of service writing
- Ability to work on all level bikes (majority of bikes are entry to mid-level mountain)
- Be able to multitask
- Utilize and maintain service portal in our POS system (Lightspeed)
- Have prior ski tuning experience with mechanical tuning machine
- Have prior binding tech certification
- Assess and recommend proper tune and or repair for retail customers
- Prior boot fitting experience
If this sounds like you we look forward to meeting you!
Please email me at [email protected] and we can set up a time to discuss further.
Please send resume to [email protected]
I look forward to hearing from you!